Everything You Need to Know About Wood Fences
Going back as far as 400 years in this country, wood fences have been used as a means of protecting property, penning in livestock, and setting a border between neighboring boundaries.
Wood fencing has a long and rich history of use in the early and modern United States. It is versatile, easy to install and maintain, and comes in many varieties. It’s no wonder early Americans used it so readily.
Here is (just about) everything you need to know about wood fences.
– Early fences weren’t complicated, but their design still exits today. Picket fences are easy to construct and maintain, and are a symbol of the American dream. Many people opt for the picket fence design as a means of adding aesthetic beauty to their property.
– What began as picket fences in the early days has evolved into many varieties. Even the most popular among picket fences (standard privacy fences), are essentially a picket fence with no space in between. There is little other difference between the two, perhaps other than height.
– Picket fences aren’t overly expensive. In panels (very unlike the traditional means of individual “picket” design), they are modestly priced for most homeowners. The price rises as the height and length increase. Add a bit more for stylized designs.
– Wood fencing is durable (especially when conditioned and treated). A good quality wood fence can last 20-30 years. This is especially true when the wood is made from rot-resistant wood and does not sit directly upon the ground.
– Maintenance surrounding wood fencing is marginally low. Every three or four years support posts should be re-tamped for added stability, and wood should be re-treated with sealer and water-proofing.
– Wood fencing comes in multiple designs. Picket, as mentioned; Lattice topped; vertical board; post and rail; louver and so on. There is enough variety that wood fencing can suit anybody’s needs.
Ready to shop for your very own wood fence? Then don’t hesitate to contact us for more information on how we can help you.
Get A Free Fence Estimate
The Benefits of Adding Golf Netting to a Course or Driving Range
Golf netting systems are a great investment for courses and ranges that are looking to keep golf balls where they belong: within the range play. Further, golf netting systems keep spectators and property safe from the potential damage of errant golf balls.
How to Maintain an Iron Driveway Gate
While an iron driveway gate can look incredible and provide a lot of security for your home, you will need to keep it maintained to keep it looking good and functioning correctly.
3 Things to Consider Before Scheduling an Aluminum Fence Installation
An aluminum fence is going to give you the illusion of a wrought-iron fence without having to worry about rusting, Along with a more affordable price.
Bringing Out the Beauty of Your Wrought Iron Specialty Fence
Metal work is a craft and each piece is a unique interpretation of a specific vision.
7 Things to Do Before Signing Off on a Residential Fence Installation Project
So, you’re thinking about having a fence installed on your residential property; perhaps you’d simply like some more privacy, or perhaps you want a fenced-in yard for your dog. Either way, there are some steps you’ll want to follow before you sign a contract on any fence installation project.
Is It Possible to Have a Fence Installed in Winter?
Now that old man winter is finally knocking on the front door, many people who had fence dreams are likely ready to give them up until warm weather returns.
What Kind of Business Fence Should You Get?
Commercial fencing can come in a variety of different styles, though picking the right one can sometimes go along with the image you want to convey.
Wood Fencing Offers Many Benefits and Comes in Several Styles
Fencing in your property not only beautifies your yard, but it also gives you more security and privacy. Wood is the traditional material that used in constructing fences. There’s nothing quite like a wood fence to give a home a warm, inviting look. If you’re considering new fencing, here are some of the reasons for using a wood fence along with the different styles from which to choose.
What Are the Benefits of a Pool Safety Fence?
Having a pool in your backyard is a great feature to have at your home. On a nice hot day, a backyard pool offers an easy way to relax and have fun. If you have children, the pool gives them a chance to cool off and have some fun.
How to Restore a Fence
Maintaining and restoring fences ensures your property has security and remains attractive. A damaged fence can allow pests to enter your yard or allow your pets to escape. It is important to restore your fences to maintain your property, meet Homeowners Association...
16351 Lee Highway,
Gainesville, VA 20155
4665 Sudley Rd.
Catharpin, VA 20143