6 Things to Consider When Hiring a Fencing Contractor
Hiring a fence contractor for your home, rental, or commercial property, you get unparalleled safety, security, and beauty for a long time to come.
After all, your property is one of your biggest and most important investments, so it’s worth the extra trouble.
But fences do more than secure land, they add visual interest and provide a property divider as well.
A fence can last decades (if not longer). But it matters a lot who installed the fence in the first place. Not all fence contractors are created equal, nor do they all have the same set of skills.
Then there’s the do it yourself (DIY) method. While you might be comfortable with the concept of laboring through a fence install, chances are that your installation skills are lacking.
Instead, to have a fence installed properly, you absolutely must seek the expert skills of a fencing contractor. Specialists in the fence installation industry can help turn your fencing dreams into a reality, and they can do it all without trouble or issues.
In this post, we’ll provide you with some simple guidelines on choosing and hiring a fencing contractor to install your next fence. We hope that the information that we provide you helps you make an informed decision.
1. Begin with your needs. You know what you want to get out of your new fence, so start the process by reviewing materials and packages that suit your property and style. You will find that being informed helps you work better with a fencing contractor.
2. Consider costs. Before you decide on a dream fence, remember to calculate material and installation costs. When you come prepared with numbers, your fence installation process will run smoothly.
3. Ask for a fence installation contract in writing. Your fencing contractor will survey your property, speak with you about your needs, and write-up a fencing installation contract. Review each part of the contract before you sign and ask your chosen contractor to clarify any points that don’t make sense.
4. Set up a timeline with your contractor. A fencing contractor is used to working on deadlines, so speak to them about your expectations. A professional fencing contractor will do their best to meet or exceed your expectations on all facets of fence installation.
5. Ask guarantees and warranties. Many contractors offer these types of incentives to property owners as a way to give back to their business. Don’t be afraid to ask your chosen fencing contractor about these types of agreements.
6. Create a relationship that you can trust! The closer that you work with your fencing contractor, the better the chances your fence installation will go well. A professional fence contractor wants to make you happy. So, if you are content with their work, create a bond! Working with a fencing contractor should be all about trust.
For additional information on how we can help you obtain the fence of your dreams, feel free to contact us today.
Beitzell Fence is a family owned business that has been providing the highest quality fences with unsurpassed services and prices for over 28 years. We are proud members of the American Fencing Association and the Northern Virginia Building Industry Association.
Get A Free Fence Estimate
When it comes to creating a safe and enjoyable outdoor environment for your furry friends, choosing the right fence is crucial. Pet-friendly fencing not only ensures the safety and security of your pets but also contributes to the overall aesthetics and functionality...
In today's fast-paced world, the privacy and comfort of your home are more valuable than ever. A well-chosen and professionally installed privacy fence can significantly enhance these aspects of your living space. Let's delve deeper into the multifaceted benefits of...
Your fence is not just a boundary for your property; it's an integral part of your home's exterior. Keeping it in top shape is essential for maintaining your property’s aesthetic appeal and value. Here are some essential maintenance tips to ensure your fence stays...
Fencing is more than just a boundary for your property; it's a key element in your landscape design. With the right approach, you can transform any ordinary fence into a standout feature that complements and enhances your outdoor space. Here are 10 creative ways to...
As winter approaches, it's crucial to prepare your fence for the challenges that colder temperatures, snow, and ice can bring. Properly winterizing your fence not only extends its lifespan but also ensures it remains strong, sturdy, and visually appealing throughout...
With the arrival of spring, it's the perfect time to breathe new life into your outdoor living area. Your patio is an extension of your home, offering a space to relax, entertain, and enjoy the beauty of nature. A spring patio refresh can transform your outdoor space...
We all worry about our loved ones. Parents especially want to know they’ve done everything they could to make their homes safe for their children. A pool fence is a vital part of that safety plan.
Growing a lush garden can be very enjoyable since it will provide you with fresh fruits or vegetables throughout the harvesting periods.
When it comes to fencing options, chain link fences are a popular choice for both residential and commercial properties. At Betizell Fence, we've installed thousands of chain link fences over our more than 30 years in business. It's easy to see why. Known for their...
Every pet owner knows the importance of providing a safe and secure environment for their furry friends. Fencing plays a crucial role in this, offering a boundary that keeps pets in and potential dangers out. But how do you choose the right fence for your pet? Let us...